Pen Pal Ministry
Number of pen pals: 130
- United States
- West Africa
- New Zealand
The people that choose to be pen-pals are:
- People with and without developmental and/or physical challenges
- People writing to people to develop friendships. Most of our pen pals are Christians.
- People who pray for each other and do Bible Studies through the mail
- People from residential programs and schools
How do people find out about the pen-pal ministry?
- Joni and Friends Referrals
- Pen-pal referrals
- Institute of Abundant Living Newsletter
- Internet sharing
- Clothing Drives
- Scholarships for people in Ghana West Africa so that students with physical and intellectual problems can attend a school to learn a trade.
- People are becoming more aware that we as people are connected and must be interested and concerned about the needs of others and can as individuals or through our churches assist the "church of God" around the world.
- Christian Ministries are being able to share and learn from each other and help ministries become aware of other ministries. Therefore education, resources, prayer, and encouragement help people know they are not alone as they seek to meet the needs that often seem staggering. Other people who have taken part in our pen pal ministry begin pen-pal groups of their own that focus on more specialized needs: ex: People who are blind or are quadriplegic.
If you are interested in being a part of the pen-pal ministry please Contact Us